Followers

Sunday, July 22, 2018

A Stressful Life


I’m running low on ondansetron, the best antinausea pill.

Unfortunately, I’m not low on many other supplies. I buy through an internet pharmaceutical company that charges a fat handling fee for orders under $200. Eight bottles of ondansetron, 240 pills, will cost $25. I could use more tongue depressors, but 500 at $5.24 is not much help. I dispense large quantities of  cough medicine and lidocaine gargle for sore throats, but those cost only a few dollars a piece. My bottle of 500 Amoxicillin capsules ($28) is half empty; stocking up would help but medicines have expiration dates, so one must be careful.

A few years ago, after thirty years of use, my blood pressure cuff broke, but I had a spare. Should I buy another? Will I be practicing when I’m 108?....

One of my boasts is that, unlike other hotel doctors, the fee I announce is the fee I collect. I don’t charge extra for anything. It turns out that pills, injectables, and supplies for common ailments are so cheap that I struggle to assemble an order exceeding $200. Life is tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment