Followers

Saturday, December 1, 2018

Caring for Celebrities


Searching my housecall database (over 18,000 visits) for “celebrity” turns up 92 hits although that includes wives and children.

You recently read about my encounter with a famous person. I mentioned him by name because I was never his doctor, but I’m sure you don’t expect stories about celebrities I cared for. Unfortunately, literary agents do expect it. News that it’s forbidden has proven the kiss of death for my memoirs.

Most celebrities are nice, but over forty years I’ve cared plenty of misbehaving luminaries including several who died under dramatic circumstances. Agents have assured me that “you can’t libel the dead.” This turns out to be a legal fact, but the dead’s loved ones have been known to sue after reading unflattering remarks.

No comments:

Post a Comment