Followers

Wednesday, December 5, 2018

A Guest I Didn't Help


A flight attendant at the Airport Holiday Inn was suffering an allergy attack. She couldn’t fly because of the congestion, and her airline required a doctor’s exam and note. This is a common request which I fulfill regularly, but I couldn’t fulfill hers because she was American.

When a British Air, Virgin-Atlantic, Emirate, Singapore, or Cathay-Pacific crew member falls ill, the local supervisor calls a national housecall service who calls me, and the airline pays. US airlines never do this. Their employees are on their own in a strange city with no transportation and their American insurance which is deeply suspicious of housecalls. 

I occasionally make a charity visit to an American flight attendant too sick to leave the room but not sick enough for the paramedics. Mostly I refer them to an urgent care clinic.

No comments:

Post a Comment