Followers

Sunday, July 21, 2019

The Occasional Surprise


A travel insurer asked me to see a lady in Mission Hills complaining of high blood pressure.

I drove off confident that this wasn’t her problem because high blood pressure causes no symptoms. Mostly patients are suffering a headache or anxiety or dizziness.

Now and then I’m surprised. In hotel doctoring, surprises are generally unpleasant but not in this case.

She didn’t have high blood pressure, admitted the lady apologetically. She’d lost her thyroid pills and only needed a prescription.

When I learn that a hotel guest needs a legitimate medicine, I phone a pharmacy to replace it, and I don’t charge. Guests with travel insurance don’t call me but their agency’s 800 number. Embarrassed to use insurance for a trivial problem, they lie. Sometimes hotel doctoring is easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment