Followers

Sunday, January 6, 2019

More Worry


At the end of a hotel visit, a guest handed over her credit card. I wrote its number at the bottom of my medical record form. Seeing this, the guest frowned.

“Do you shred that after you use it?” she asked.

I shook my head no. “It goes into my files.”  I keep it in case of a problem with payment, although so far that’s not happened.

She scowled at this answer. I phoned the credit card company and began entering my answers to its computer’s questions. She hovered, staring anxiously at my form.

“So you don’t shred my number... I thought everyone shredded credit card numbers…”

The computer announced its approval. After hanging up, I tore off the bottom of my form and handed it back. She seemed vastly relieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment