Followers

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Do You Accept My Insurance, Part 2


“I can’t afford that,” wailed the guest, an Australian newlywed at the Biltmore when she learned my fee. She had travel insurance, and I had told her it would undoubtedly pay when she submitted my invoice. But unsophisticated travelers who have never used insurance or asked for a housecall often panic.

I lowered the fee to $250. She consulted her husband who countered with $150.  

Since it was 11 p.m. the drive downtown was easy. When the husband ushered me in, I discovered they were staying in a large, two-room suite. The Biltmore charges well over $300 per night for suites.

But they were young, and I didn’t know their story. I did my duty and pocketed his $150. I was not disturbed and had material for a blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment