Followers

Monday, August 8, 2011


A guest from Argentina reported his child had a fever. He spoke no English but, through the bellman, asked if I took his insurance: Universal Assistance. I did, adding that he must call Universal Assistance first and receive a go-ahead. Then Universal Assistance calls me. After giving its 800 number to the bellman who passed it on to the guest, I hung up and immediately regretted it.

I should have asked the guest’s name and insurance I.D. number and then sent the guest to his room. Then I should have phoned Universal Assistance to tell them a client wanted a housecall. When I’m lazy and trust the guest to take care of things, I often never hear back.

I called an hour later, but the bellman didn’t remember the guest’s name.

No comments:

Post a Comment